Note: Just realized that I never posed this workout. I had a draft written and never published it.
I had an 8 am meeting today, so not enough time for OTW. I was sick of slow and steady sessions so I decided to dip a toe back into an easy speed session.
8 x 500 / 2 min rest.
Target was to do a couple 500s as warm up and that start at 1:50 and do each one faster than the last.
It was fun, and it helped me calibrate what a reasonable pace would be for this session.
For some reason, nothing was working in terms of electronics.
I set up in erg data and it hung up in the 4th interval. Then I setup in pain sled and that hung up after 2 intervals. At that point, I just kept going without capturing any data. Kind of disappointing.
Here are the first four intervals. The first two were warm ups. Then:
- 1:50, 1:49.9
- 1:49, 1:48.7
Then I reset the workout and continued. I think I cheated myself out of a little rest.
- 1:48, 1:47.5
- 1:47, 1:46.5
- 1:46, 1:45.5
- 1:45, 1:44.6 (slipped a tenth!)
- 1:44, 1:43.3 (got it back with interest)
- 1:43, 1:37.9 (The irresitable lure of the faster last!)
- Then a “cool down” rep. It turns out I wasn’t in the mood to cool down.
So, I think aiming at 1:45 for all reps would be totally reasonable.