Well, sometimes you just have to improvise. I went to the gym at lunch and settled in on the one erg. I found the batteries dead in the PM5, so I replaced them. Then I got all set up and started pulling. The PM would not register any strokes. I reset everything, and the PM would dutifully show me my HR, but not the pace, meters or stroke rate.
I was losing time, so I decided to just set up my iphone to show me my heart rate, and then I counted strokes per minute using the elapsed time there. I tried to hold about 20spm and I pushed hard enough to do most of the row as UT1. I backed off the pressure a bit as my HR passed 157.
Very unsatisfying, but at least I rowed.
Tomorrow: Back to Fluid in Newton. I think I will do an easy rate ladder session to get re-acclimated to the flat water rowing. I’m not entirely sure, but I don’t think I have been in my Fluid since June 21! :-O